The Liberty Interview Recorder allows police and other agencies to capture interview recordings and document the interview.
The Liberty Interview Recorder is a simple, easy to use recording system that captures interview audio, video and notes for police, law enforcement services and other government agencies.
The program uses standard VHS-like Start, Stop and Record buttons. The recorded material is saved into a single file on the recording system hard-drive. Optionally, the file may be automatically and simultaneously recorded to a secure file server and saved onto a CD/DVD. The recordings can later be transcribed or provided to other agencies in a universal playback format.
The recorded notes serve as “bookmarks” or cue points into the recording file. The notes may later be searched to find and identify recordings files. They also eliminate the need to fast-forward or rewind through large recording files.
Some of the features and benefits of the Liberty Interview Recorder include:
- Real-time audio and video display for concurrent monitoring.
- Dual Camera Recording captures dual video feeds from the same interview room.
- Configuration options include recording multiple interview rooms onto a single PC saving money and space on PC hardware.
- Recordings saved into universal formats such as .pdf and .wmv for distribution to other agencies, eliminating the need for the download of proprietary playback programs.
- Custom watermark plus time and date stamp imbedded onto every recording frame.
- Remote monitor capabilities through a standard LAN network.
- Optional remote “start-recording” facility with either a hardware switch, or through a remote control program.
- Recording LED that may be installed into the interview room to confirm that recording is active.
- Optional “case information” prompt so that each interview is documented with a consistent set of information.
- Instantaneous playback cueing; no more delay while waiting for fast-forward or rewind functions.
- Playback program specifically designed for transcription including foot-pedal support.
- Automatic Gain Control and Noise Reduction facilities for the clearest possible audio playback.
- Mute button provides continuous video recording with muted audio.
- Recordings saved in a digital format that may be copied onto any standard Windows supported media including external hard-drives, memory sticks and CD/DVDs.
- Optional ability to automatically save the recording files to a central file server.
- Search facility matches on any text entered into the associated file notes.
- Eliminate bulky tapes and one-off DVDs that are difficult to copy, save and manage over extended periods of time.
- No more lost DVDs or broken VHS tapes.
- Non-proprietary, open source compression formats.
- Configurable frame rates and video resolutions.
- Industry standard off-the-shelf Windows PC components that may be serviced by any IT professional.
- Optional touch-screen support with over-size push-button controls for all recording functions.
Save Audio / Video Recordings into standard PDF Files with Cue Points and Annotations
The Liberty Interview Recorder integrates with the Liberty Evidence Management System and the Post Recording Manager for a complete and secure file management system.
The Liberty Interview Player
The Liberty Interview Player provides playback facilities for your captured audio files. The Liberty Interview Player is available as a no cost download. The Player lets you select and listen to individual channels in a recording or a mix of several or all of the channels. The Player runs on any PC with Windows 98 or later that has standard audio capabilities. An optional foot pedal for controlling playback is available, please contact Northland for details.